Thursday, June 12, 2008

Never Knew


Gary Braunbeck is from Ohio. Newark, OH to be exact. I used to deliver Home City Ice there in high school. Gary is a Bram Stoker Award winning author of several short stories and novels. His latest is Coffin Country. Which I will be reading after I finish the non-horror-mass-market-yet-still engaging as hell Dean Koontz novel The Husband. I will give a full review of the Braunbeck novel in a week or so and I have added a link to his site on the horror authors list. While we're speaking of Koontz...many may cry out "why have you not included the dog lover Dean in your horror list?" I will premise this by saying I enjoy Dean Koontz. Read him almost as much as the King in high school. Almost everything I read by Dean Koontz is great, reels me in and I cannot stop reading (like The Husband a great novel). This said...I have begun to think he is not a horror writer. He is a great writer, but more suspense and crime and kidnapping now. Plus, he puts out like twenty some novels a year...i can't keep up. So, no I don't include Koontz as a horror writer. But he is a good one. For this sites purposes, I'll stick to real creepers and ghouls...like Braunbeck, Ketchum, Keane, Lee, and (even though he's gone soft himself...) the King. Constant readers will always listen.

No comments: